Aussie bowler Mitch Claydon suspended in 'hand sanitiser' case

back icon
safari
06 Sep 2020 | 06:01 AM
authorAFP

Aussie bowler Mitch Claydon suspended in 'hand sanitiser' case

A case against thim was opened by the ECB following a match against Middlesex last month in which he took three wickets

heart

Share

Veteran Australian seamer Mitch Claydon has been suspended by his English county Sussex after being placed under investigation for allegedly applying hand sanitiser to the ball.

A case against the 37-year-old was opened by the England and Wales Cricket Board (ECB) following a match against Middlesex last month in which he took three wickets.

"Mitch Claydon is suspended pending the outcome of an ECB allegation of placing hand sanitiser on the ball in our match against Middlesex. There will be no further comment at this stage," said Sussex on their website.

Under strict health protocols in cricket following the Covid-19 crisis, players are banned from using saliva to shine the ball.

Claydon will not be part of the 14-man Sussex squad for their next Bob Willis Trophy match against Surrey.

heart
shareGray Share
Tags
Mitchell Eric ClaydonAustraliaSussex

Related Articles

safari
NEWS
Rashid Khan set for T20 spell with Sussex
The Afghanistan legspinner will feature for the county in next year's T20 Blast
userAFP
09 Nov 2020
safari
NEWS
County Championship to begin in 2021 in a group-stage format
The 18 first-class counties have agreed to a revised structure for the 2021 men’s first-class season
userAFP
17 Oct 2020
safari
NEWS
English county cricket match abandoned over virus fears
The match officials, following agreement from both clubs, called off the match as a precaution due to a COVID-19-related issue
userAFP
06 Sep 2020
safari
NEWS
Gillespie to leave Sussex for South Australia role at end of season
Gillespie made a successful switch into coaching, guiding Yorkshire to successive County Championship titles in 2014 and 2015 before joining Sussex at the start of the 2018 season
userAFP
19 Aug 2020
safari
NEWS
Kent's double-centurion Jordan Cox dropped for breaching COVID-19 protocols
Cox will have to self-isolate and will have to test negative for COVID-19 before he is allowed to join the squad again
userPTI
12 Aug 2020
safari
NEWS
Bob Willis would have been 'stunned' by trophy says widow
All 18 first-class counties will compete for the Bob Willis Trophy this season in a shortened alternative to the County Championship
userAFP
24 Jul 2020
safari
NEWS
Surrey set for Middlesex friendly in boost to county hopes
The domestic county season has been delayed until August at the earliest by the spread of COVID-19
userAFP
24 Jun 2020
safari
NEWS
55 England players asked to resume outdoor training
Alex Hales, Liam Plunkett and Joe Clarke are some big names who do not feature in the 55-man list for the time being
userAgencies
29 May 2020
safari
NEWS
ECB delays start of domestic season by another month, no cricket before August 1
"While traditional formats of our competitions are the preference, we are not against exploring the unorthodox to ensure that we can return our players to the field," said ECB CEO
userPTI
28 May 2020
safari
NEWS
Jofra Archer extends contract with Sussex
The deal will keep him at Sussex -- who are presently in the second tier of the county championship -- till at least the end of the 2022 season
userAFP
05 Mar 2020
logo
Cricket like never before
Follow us on
FacebookTwitterLinkedin
@ 2020 cricket.com | All rights reserved