Kings XI Punjab CEO Satish Menon said that they are not sure about the availability of England and Australia players for the team’s opening matches of the Indian Premier League in UAE.
Speaking to IANS, Menon said, "Nobody has any clarity on that yet. The BCCI is supposed to come back on whether the quarantine can be reduced as they are coming from a bubble (in the UK) to (another) bubble (in UAE). We don't have any clarity as yet."
Recently, Kolkata Knight Riders CEO Venky Mysore had said that star recruits Eoin Morgan and Pat Cummins will be available for KKR's IPL opener on September 23 after authorities in Abu Dhabi have agreed to shorten the quarantine period from 14 to six days. He also had said that there would be no need for them to undergo quarantine as the players are travelling from one bio-secure bubble to another.
However, Menon added, "From what I hear from the bubble, things are exactly as it was planned. We have been following the SoP that has been laid out by the BCCI and authorities.”Kings XI Punjab will be playing their first match of the season against Delhi Capitals at the Dubai International Cricket Stadium on September 20.
Menon is also hoping to win this season’s IPL. "We are hopeful of winning the title this year. The format is one where anything can happen on a given day, so we will have to see how it goes," he added. The IPL will begin on September 19 with defending champions Mumbai Indians taking on last year's runners-up Chennai Super Kings in Abu Dhabi.