Zimbabwe have lit up the 2022 T20 World Cup with their stunning one-run win over Pakistan. The unprecedented win over the 2009 champions presents the African side a chance to compete for the semifinal spots in Group 2 when they take on Bangladesh at The Gabba on Sunday. Sean Ervine's team have three points from two games and can climb to second if South Africa beat India later in the day.
Bangladesh, on the other hand, started off well with a six-run win over Netherlands, but suffered a ruthless 104-run loss against a rampant South Africa. They will need to pick themselves up against Zimbabwe, a team they have played six T20Is in the last two years and beat thrice.
The Gabba has been a pace haven for a long time and the shortest format is no different. In the last 16 matches played at the venue, average first innings score has been 156. Winning the toss hasn't been crucial during this period as teams batting first half won eight times, the same as chasing teams. Presence of quality pacers is going to crucial for your XI, as they have claimed 134 wickets to spinners' 71. However, spinners have an economy of 7 to pacers' 8.1, so it is good to have one quality spin option.
While you could go for the above team, you can also choose your team from Cricket.com’s Fantasy Research Centre. You can use this tool to build your team with the help of algorithms. Then, based on your preferences, the platform will guide you through creating the ideal fantasy XI.
For Small Leagues : Mustafizur Rahman (Captain), Luke Jongwe (Vice-Captain)
For Grand Leagues : Sikander Raza (Captain), Liton Das (Vice-Captain)
Stats That Matter
- Mustafizur Rahman relishes playing against Zimbabwe. The left-armer has been prolific against them with 22 wickets from 12 T20Is at a superb economy of 6.8.
- Luke Jongwe has been at his best when facing Bangladesh in T20Is. The fast-bowling allrounder has picked up 10 scalps from as many matches and has batted at a strike rate of 138 at the death from eight innings.
Grand League Punts
- Shakib Al Hasan has proved to be a handful for Zimbabwe batters in the death overs. The Bangladesh skipper has picked up seven wickets in the final five from eight matches.
- Ryan Burl has the best time while batting against Bangladesh as he blasted 125 runs from 66 balls in the last six T20Is. His strike rate of 189.4 is the best among Zimbabwe batters at the death.
- Liton Das has the best strike rate of 154.7 among Bangladesh batters against Zimbabwe. The experienced campaigner has scored 294 runs against Zimbabwe from eight innings averaging a boundary every 4.5 balls.
Top Criclytics Projections
Zimbabwe: Regis Chakabva (wk), Craig Ervine(c), Sean Williams, Sikandar Raza, Wesley Madhevere, Milton Shumba, Brad Evans, Ryan Burl, Luke Jongwe, Blessing Muzarabani, Richard Ngarava.
Bangladesh: Najmul Hossain Shanto, Soumya Sarkar, Litton Das (wk), Shakib Al Hasan (c), Afif Hossain, Mehidy Hasan Miraz, Nurul Hasan, Mosaddek Hossain, Taskin Ahmed, Hasan Mahmud, Mustafizur Rahman.