India and Bangladesh will lock horns in the second ODI of the three-match ODI series on December 7 (Wednesday). Bangladesh won a thriller in the first ODI to take a 1-0 lead. The onus is on India now to make a comeback before it is too late.
In this space, we bring you some helpful tips that may help you create an efficient fantasy XI for the second ODI.
Ground Details and Team Combination
As expected, the first ODI at the Sher-E-Bangla stadium was a low-scoring affair. The second game, at the same venue, should go on similar terms. Here are the most prominent stats to keep in mind:
Sher-E-Bangla National Stadium has one of the slowest tracks in the country. The run-rate and batting average here is the lowest among the three venues in Bangladesh - 4.4 and 23.3 respectively. The first ODI saw only 375 runs in 87.2 overs for 19 wickets.
Among bowlers, spinners have picked 48.8% of the wickets to fall here, which is a heavy proportion. Both sides have multiple spin-bowling all-rounders who should not be missed.
While you could go for the above team, you can also choose your team from Cricket.com’s Fantasy Research Centre. You can use this tool to build your team with the help of algorithms. Then, based on your preferences, the platform will guide you through creating the ideal fantasy XI.
For small leagues: Shakib Al Hasan ( c ), KL Rahul (vc)
For grand leagues: Shreyas Iyer ( c ), Mohammed Siraj (vc)
Stats That Matter
- Shakib al Hasan has 127 wickets at the Sher-E-Bangla Stadium, the highest for any bowler at a particular venue in ODI cricket.
- Since the 2019 World Cup, KL Rahul averages 67.6 in 12 innings at number four and five. His game against spin during this period is the key - 63.3 average, 107.2 strike rate.
- Mehidy Hasan is Bangladesh’s highest wicket-taker in ODI cricket this year with 21 scalps. At the same time, he averages 56.8 with the bat this year.
- Axar Patel and Taskin Ahmed are doubtful starters for this game. Meanwhile, Mohammed Shami, Tamim Iqbal and Rishabh Pant are out of this series.
- Rohit Sharma averages only 18.8 against spin in ODIs since 2020 - five dismissals.
Grand League Punts
- Shreyas Iyer has been one of the most prolific run-scorers against spin bowling. Since the 2019 World Cup, he is the only batter to have a strike-rate of above 100 while facing spin (minimum 400 runs). At the same time, he averages 75 facing the tweakers.
- Mohammed Siraj averages only 22.1 with the ball in 13 ODIs this year. He has conceded at only 4.3 runs per over.
- The sluggish pitches at the venue can help Shardul Thakur with his variations. Henceforth, he had a decent outing in the first ODI as a bowler - figures of 9-1-21-1
Here are the Top 10 Criclytics Projections
Bangladesh: Litton Das ( c ), Anamul Haque (wk), Shakib Al Hasan, Mushfiqur Rahim (wk), Mahmudullah, Afif Hossain, Yasir Ali, Mehidy Hasan Miraz, Hasan Mahmud, Mustafizur Rahman, Ebadot Hossain
India: Rohit Sharma ( c ), Shikhar Dhawan, Virat Kohli, Shreyas Iyer, KL Rahul (wk), Washington Sundar, Shahbaz Ahmed, Shardul Thakur, Deepak Chahar, Mohammed Siraj, Kuldeep Sen